The Cicchetti was created because we wanted a fancy appetizer bowl. Cicchetti means appetizer in Venetian, a dialect from the Veneto region in Italy. The beveled design was inspired by the Venetian Baroque style. The way we create the twisted ridged pattern on the glass is by pouring a hot ball of molten glass into a mold with spikes. As it begins to cool, we twist it out to make the final design.
These are entirely made by hand and each creation is unique. Therefore, there may be a slight variation in color, texture, and size between each piece. On the base of each item, you can feel the pontil mark left by the glassblower’s cane. The presence of this mark indicates that the glass was blown freehand. This is the beauty of handmade.
• Mouth-blown using only recycled glass.
• Approximately 6cm high and 11.5cm wide.
• Volume approximately 17 cl.
• Size & shape will vary (approximately 1cm-2cm) from piece to piece.
• Colored with all-natural pigments that will never fade, even in the dishwasher.
*Although most of the products are dishwasher safe, we do recommend that you wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their luster. All plaster and terracotta pieces are not suitable for use with water.