Une Chope de bière means a large glass of beer. The design of the Chope was inspired by the big German beer mugs quite frequently seen in the Alsace region of France. When we say large, we mean large. Our Chope holds over 60 cl of beer because… why not?! Sebastien’s design is a little sleeker and elegant without a handle. With its hefty base, it also makes a beautiful vase!
These are entirely made by hand and each creation is unique. Therefore, there may be a slight variation in color, texture, and size between each piece. On the base of each item, you can feel the pontil mark left by the glassblower’s cane. The presence of this mark indicates that the glass was blown freehand. This is the beauty of handmade.
The Chope is available in transparent.
• Hand-blown using only recycled glass.
• Approximately 22cm high and 12.5cm wide.
• Volume approximately 60 cl.
• Size & shape will vary (approximately 1cm-2cm) from piece to piece.
• Colored with all-natural pigments that will never fade, even in the dishwasher.
*Although most of the products are dishwasher safe, we do recommend that you wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their luster. All plaster and terracotta pieces are not suitable for use with water.